The guide presented on this page aims to help users fix error “This driver can’t release to failure”. The instructions provided in this guide will work for Windows 7, 8 and 10.
The “This driver can’t release to failure” is an error message that is tightly associated with Gigabyte motherboards, more so with those that don’t have wireless capabilities. Now, while this error message doesn’t specify exactly which of the drivers is causing the problem, the “This driver can’t release to failure” error itself is a result of a failed attempt to find the wireless hardware. You are most likely to experience the said error, when using Gigabyte’s software. Most users have reported seeing it when using Cloud Station Server, which as you may know relies on your computer’s ability to connect to a wireless network. Hence, without that ability, problems arise.
We’ve gathered two possible fixes to help have your “This driver can’t release to failure” error solved. Be warned, however, that the fixes provided in the guide below do not actually solve the problem directly, but rather offer a way to circumvent the actual issue. Unfortunately, up until Gigabyte works out a genuine solution themselves, there’s not much else left to cope with the aforementioned error message, but the methods described below. We will be glad to hear from you, if you were able to discover a better solution, so please do not hesitate to let us know about it in the comment section. We will be more than happy to update our guide with your fix.
“This driver can’t release to failure” Error Fix
- Go to the App Center and open Cloud Station Server.
- Below, you should see 5 tabs, the first three of which are: Home Cloud, Gigabyte Remote and Remote OC. These are typically the ones causing trouble.
- Turn off each of the switches labelled “Always run on next reboot” beside those three tabs and restart your computer. This will have solved the issue and you shouldn’t be seeing the error anymore.
- Alternatively, removing the software completely will also solve the problem. For this purpose, go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
- In the list of programs, find Gigabyte. You will have the option of removing either the whole App Center (recommended) or just the Cloud Station Center. Right-click on the program of choice and click Uninstall.
- Follow the steps, as prompted to and restart your device.
Drop us a line in the comment section below, telling us what option you went with and whether it worked in your case.