Welcome to our Funny Searching “Virus” removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
Normally, the possible effects of Funny Searching “Virus”, the program we are discussing here in today’s article, are the following:
- The browser apps you have installed may get affected by Funny Searching “Virus” – Firefox, Explorer, Opera or/and Chrome. Literally, no browser app is immune to such an infection.
- After being contaminated, your browsers may begin the generation of a huge number of ads in the form of bright boxes, banners and pop-ups. And, what’s more concerning, all this could be going on every single time you are surfing the web.
- One more potential effect of such a contamination is the redirecting processes that your browsers may undertake. You may be sent to locations on the Internet you have never meant to go to.
- Another normal consequence of any hijacker is that all of them might alter the way your browsers look. As a result, your typical search engines and/or homepages may be substituted with some unfamiliar ones.
Actually, Funny Searching “Virus” is not the only program, which could do that to your computer. To be precise, all the members of its software family may be capable of doing that. The name of this software category is browser hijacker and below you will see how to successfully handle them after learning all you need to know about their characteristics.
What characterizes the programs, classified as browser hijackers?
Judging from their usual consequences mentioned above, all browser hijackers seem to represent simple online-based advertising tools. All that means these programs have been created in order to promote products (software/ homepages/ goods) online. As you might expect, this business is very profitable and their developers DO make a lot of money. All the aforementioned effects take place because that’s what product manufacturers believe an effective advertising process is, and they pay developers more just to make browser hijackers even more annoying.
Is there anything questionable about Funny Searching (or any other hijacker)?
Clearly, there isn’t ANYTHING similar between hijackers and viruses. In fact, there are so many differences among them that we cannot speak of any connection at all. Among these differences between, for example, Funny Searching and a Ransomware-based malicious program, are that the Ransomware virus can encrypt files and make it inaccessible to you. On the other hand, Funny Searching may only research the databases of your browser, collect the data about your usual and your recent online searches, and show you only the pop-ups, which could be related to the results of the performed research. No hijacker is known to corrupt/ lock up or block any files. As a result, we can conclude that hijackers are not among the known malicious programs. Still, they might appear shady because of the great annoyance they might cause. Some experts have even identified them as potentially unwanted software, partly due to their a intrusive and irritating behavior.
How Funny Searching might contaminate your computer:
The good news here is that you can prevent the appearance of such a program on your PC by being careful, because you are in charge of authorizing it to enter your PC. No hijacker could get incorporated into your system automatically – such a program always needs your approval. Of course, no one wants such disturbing software on their machines and its developers have mastered a way of legally tricking you into self-installing a hijacker. This could happen and actually happens 90% of the time, because of the so-called program bundles. A bundle is a mix of various software (apps/ games/ hijackers), which is offered for free to all the users on the Internet. Maybe something from such a bundle could appear interesting to you and you may want to install it as fast as possible. At this point most of the infected users make a crucial mistake – they select the wrong installation feature. For your own safety and that of your system, you need to make the right choice. We are going to explain it in the next paragraph.
How to install what we need from a bundle but to leave Funny Searching behind?
Certainly, an infection could follow, if you choose to use the quickest, the easiest and the automatic wizard features. All these options only ensure the installation of the whole bundle, along with the advertising programs inside it. Please, in case you want to prevent catching annoying marketing-oriented software, stay away from the features: Default, Easy and Automatic. Instead, always select the Custom, the Customized and the Advanced ones, as by choosing them, you get the opportunity to opt in and out of programs and their features, and you will only select the ones you do need.
How to get rid of this irritating hijacker?
Follow the steps in our removal guide below.
Remove Funny Searching “Virus”
I – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
- If you are unable to spot Funny Searching, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
II – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Funny Searching on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Funny Searching might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Funny Searching, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.