In the following article, you are about to learn how to resolve a couple of iOS problems that have been reported to occur after updating to version 10.0.2.
The new iOS update has surely brought several nice functions and improvements to previous features, however, there are several minor, yet irritating problems that one may encounter after updating their Apple device to version 10.0.2. Some of the most commonly reported complaints are that the device tends to get bricked, the Slide to Unlock function is no longer available, the battery seems to drain quicker and the device overheats. Also, there might be issues with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection. We will cover all that below while showing you quick and easy methods to have each problem solved in no time.
iOS 10.0.2 Problems After Update Fix
Bricked iPhone Fix
If your iPhone or iPad got bricked after updating the iOS to 10.0.1 or 10.0.2, the following guide will teach you how you can get your device back to normal using your PC or laptop.
- Connect your Apple device to your computer.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- On your iPhone/iPad press and hold both the power button and the home button until the recovery screen appears.
- A notification should have appeared on your computer, giving you either the option to update or restore your iPhone/iPad. Select the Update option and wait for your device to update through your computer.
- Disconnect your iOS device – it should no longer get bricked.
An alternative to the Slide to Unlock function
Some users have been displeased by the lack of a Slide to unlock option after the recent 10.0.2 update. Though there is no way of getting that back, you can alternatively set your phone to automatically unlock when you hold your finger over the fingerprint scanner instead of having to press the Home button. The following short guide will show you how to do that.
- Go to Settings and select General.
- Open the Accessibility options.
- Tap on the Home Button settings and switch on the option labeled Rest Finger to Open.
- Now your device will unlock when you place your finger on the scanner so you don’t need to press the Home button.
Shortened battery life and overheating
Both of those issues are to be expected and usually do not indicate anything wrong with your device. It’s just that your iPhone or tablet needs time to download and install the updates for each of your apps after you’ve upgraded to version 10.0.2. This takes both time and resources and it is also the reason why your device uses more battery and overheats faster. There’s not much you can do about it apart from waiting it out. After a day or two, everything should be back to normal. However, if you insist on reducing the power consumption and potentially making your device overheat less you can check which apps consume the most of its battery and either disable them for the time being, replace them with less demanding alternatives or simply remove them if you think that you don’t really need them. The instructions in the following short guide will show you how you can see which apps require the most battery usage.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on Battery.
- Enable the Show Detailed Usage option.
- If you want a broader look, tap on the Last 7 days section.
- Now that you can see which apps are the most demanding, you might disable or outright uninstall/replace the ones that drain the most of your device’s energy.
- Alternatively, you can enable the Low Power Mode. However, note that this function disables certain iPhone features during the time it is enabled. It might also make your device run slower in order to improve the battery life for the time being.
Wi-fi and Bluetooth problems
This should be an easy fix as well. A simple reset of your network settings should do the trick.
- Open Settings and go to General.
- Open the Reset options.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
- Just to be sure, you might want to restart your device. After this the issue with your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection should have been fixed.
Touch ID not working fix
Sometimes, after the 10.0.2 update your Touch ID might stop working. There is no need to worry though, all you have to do is re-scan your fingerprints and it should be back to normal. Here is what you need to do:
- Once again, access the Settings app and go to the Touch ID settings.
- Open the Edit option.
- Select Delete your fingerprints and then tap on Rescan your fingerprints.
- After doing that, do not forget to label your fingerprints.