In this article we are going to try and help you remove Evillock Virus File Ransomware. Our instructions cover all Windows versions.
If you are looking for an effective way to remove Evillock Virus, then you have come to the right place. In this removal guide, you are going to find detailed instructions on how to manually detect and delete the nasty Ransomware that has encrypted your files. What is more, here we will explain you the typical traits that the Ransomware infections have and we will give you some good tips that you can use to protect your system and your files in the future. If you are looking for a solution on how to restore some of your data, we won’t leave you helpless. Once you successfully remove Evillock Virus, you can use the free restoration instructions we have included in the guide below. Despite that Evillock Virus is really a nasty threat, there is still a small chance that they may work, so you will lose nothing if you give them a try.
Ransomware – a threat with dreadful consequences.
Ransomware is basically a very malicious piece of software, which is developed with one sole aim – online blackmail. This type of harmful software is a favorite tool of many criminal hackers to make quick money from the users’ data by ruthlessly blackmailing them for the access of their own files. Unfortunately, this criminal practice is at its peak nowadays, and there are hundreds of new and sophisticated versions just like Evillock Virus, which are coming up every day to infect unsuspecting online users and encrypt their valuable data. Thanks to its advanced distribution methods, and its harmful consequences, Ransomware has turned into one of the most dreadful online threats that one could encounter. Most of the infections with Evillock Virus usually occur when users click on spam email messages, fake ads, misleading links or compromised websites, but very often the Ransomware sneaks inside the system thanks to a Trojan horse infection. This makes it really hard to detect, and, unfortunately, without proper antivirus software, which can identify the malicious script, most of the users would not know that they have been infected. Basically, the malware tries to remain hidden while performing its malicious encryption on all the files that could be found on the infected machine. A very complex secret algorithm is applied to the victim’s documents, pictures, music, games, videos, projects and all user-friendly data, which once completed, prevents them from accessing any of their files.
A ransom note reveals the malware.
After the damage is done, the hackers usually place a ransom note on the computer screen, where they state their ransom demands, deadlines and payment instructions. A decryption key, which can unlock the encrypted files, is usually promised to the victim’s if they pay. The amount, asked for the ransom may vary from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand, but it is usually requested in Bitcoins, which is a special untraceable online cryptocurrency. This ensures that the hackers can’t be tracked down by the authorities, and gives them the anonymity to keep on with their blackmail scheme.
How can you recover from the Evillock Virus encryption?
To deal with the Ransomware, you basically have two options: you either pay the ransom and hope that the hackers will send you a decryption key, or you remove Evillock Virus from your system and try to restore your encrypted files by other means. Unfortunately, decrypting the already encrypted files is impossible without the proper decryption key, so you basically cannot do much about getting your files back. But what you can do is try to restore them from system backups or some copies on an external drive or a cloud. Now, you should not attempt to do that before you have fully removed the Ransomware from your system, because if you do, they may all get encrypted too. So, one thing we suggest you do is follow the instructions in the removal guide below. It contains detailed steps, which will show you how to find and manually delete Evillock Virus and all of its traces. You will also find out how to extract some of your files from the system. We cannot promise you that you will get all of your files, but still, this is a better and free option than taking the risk of paying the ransom and not getting a decryption key at the end. In fact, there are many Ransomware victims, who burn their money by paying the crooks and still not getting the promised key for their files. And while the final decision on how to deal with the threat is all yours, most security experts, including our team, would advise you to look for some other free options and not support this criminal practice with your payment.
Keeping such nasty infections away from your PC may be a tricky task, however, if you regularly update your OS and ensure that there are no system vulnerabilities, which can be used by this type of malware, you may greatly reduce the chance of getting a Ransomware infection in the future. Have reputed antivirus software and last but not least, keep backups of all your important data. This way, even if by any chance you get compromised, you can always remove the infection and minimize the data loss.
Evillock Virus File Ransomware Removal
Enter Windows Safe mode.
- Win 7 Users: Restart your PC –> keep on clicking F8 –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Win 8 Users: Start Button –> Control Panel –> System and Security –> Administrative Tools –> System Configuration –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Boot –>
- Win 10 users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> Startup Settings –> Restart –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
Open Task Manager and locate any processes associated with Evillock Virus.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously –> Processes Tab –> Select a suspicious process (use Google or ask us in the comments if you are not sure about a process) –> Right Click and Open File Location –> End the suspicious process in Task Manager –> Delete the Folders containing the suspicious files.
Open the Registry Editor and search for Evillock Virus.
- Win 7 Users: Click Start and type regedit –> Enter –> Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Cryp1 Virus in the search field.
- Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Enter Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Evillock Virus in the search field.
Try to recover your files. First you will need System Restore.
- Win 7 Users: Start button –> Type Windows System Restore –> Enter –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and revert to it.
- Win 8 Users: Hold down the Windows key + Q –> Type Recovery –> Settings –> Choose the Recovery icon –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point.
- Win 10 Users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and apply it.
Secondly use program that can access your Shadow Copies.
- Use Google to find the official website of such a program and download it.
- Use the program to select the file types and the hard drive locations you want the program to scan for.
- Start the scan and keep in mind that it might take a while.
- Once the scan has been completed just select the files you want to be recovered.
If you have questions or suggestions feel free to use our comments section!