The following guide has been created to help all the victims of the Registry Error 51. It is designed to work on all Windows types. Please, just read the text below very carefully and cautiously implement all the instructions included in the below guide. We hope our article will help you get your issue resolved in a quick and efficient manner.
Reasons for the appearance of this error code
If you have received an error notification on a blue screen of death stating that your system is experiencing Registry Error 51, that might have happened as a result of the following issues on your PC:
- Maybe some of the registry files on your system have been corrupted. A possible explanation is that your OS might be crashing, because the registry is not working in a proper manner. However, your system is going on with the use of the dysfunctional registry and may even experience some more issues.
- Sometimes the affected users have no clue that something wrong is going on with their systems, because they had not been experiencing any technical issues before getting the error notification.
Whatever the reasons for the appearance of this error message are in your case, what we know for sure is that this error is critical and should be solved as soon as possible. The only possible way of fixing Registry Error 51 so far has been with the help of the Startup Repair feature, included in the Windows installation media.
However what precedes trying to get this annoying error fixed is trying to alter the boot order in your BIOS. This can be done by implementing the steps below:
Windows Registry Error 51 Fix
- Restart your machine. Just before your Windows has been done with the rebooting process, while the POST screen is on, read which buttons exactly will help you enter the BIOS/UEFI. Normally, one of these is the correct option – Esc, F2, F8, F12, or Backspace. Push the correct button (try to do that very quickly) and you will be able to enter the BIOS/UEFI utility.
- Use the instructions provided by the BIOS/UEFI to navigate in this mode until you come across the Boot menu of the utility.
- Make the necessary alterations in the Boot order. This includes ensuring that the first boot device is either a USB port or the CD/DVD drive. This actually depends on the type of the to-be-used installation media.
4. Exit this menu. Save all the implemented changes. At that point your PC should start to reboot.
How to properly use Startup Repair
- A message will appear stating that you are supposed to push any key to start your system from the chosen installation media. When you notice this notification, do as suggested – push any key.
- As soon as the installation media is done booting up, select Repair your computer.
- Select the type of your OS – in case there are more than one on your PC, it is recommended that you only choose the OS that you are trying to fix. It can be seen by by the drive/partition it is installed in.
- Choose the Startup Repair. Implement all the displayed instructions.
- Immediately after the wizard is done, the error should have disappeared along with the notification for it.
To be completely precise, such a critical error as Registry Error 51 might not be easy to solve. In case none of the suggested easy repairs really work, let your OS get the issue resolved by using its built-in tools.
In case you have come across another successful solution to this problem, share it with the rest of our readers. We will be happy to include it in our article and popularize it.