Welcome to our Turmeet.org Ads removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
You may have noticed that your browsers have started acting in a strange way: all of them (Firefox, Explorer and/or Chrome) may be redirecting you to pages you have never wanted to visit. Also, they may have begun producing numerous irritating ads like banners and pop-ups. What’s more, their entire appearance could have been altered – a new homepage and default search engine may have substituted your old ones. Normally, the reason for such a behavior is a browser hijacker, or Turmeet.org in your case. This article aims to make the features and effects of these programs more understandable to the average user. The guide attached to it is designed to help you get rid of this program.
What to expect from a program classified as a browser hijacker?
The usual effects of Turmeet.org have been explained above. Basically, such a program could only change your browser’s behavior. Fortunately, it cannot modify anything else on your computer. Still, the possible streams of online advertisements might make your machine slower than usual, though such an effect will always depend on the RAM and the CPU of your computer. Another characteristic, yet also unpleasant feature of most of the hijackers, including the one we are now describing here, is this software’s ability to research the database of any of your browsers and get the information about your most common search requests from there. As a result, Turmeet.org and its siblings could alter the pop-up stream to match what you have been looking for online recently; or manage the redirection in such a way that you will only be sent to pages, the content of which you are calculated to like. That’s why browser hijackers have a mainly negative reputation.
Does that mean that Turmeet.org is a virus-like program?
Not at all. This means that hijackers are simply potentially unwanted, but not malicious. As an illustration, above you have read about what a normal hijacker could do and here you will read about what a typical virus-like program like a version of Ransomware may achieve on your PC. Any virus, for instance, the Ransomware-based one could greatly endanger your computer by invading it purposefully and shadily. After that, a thorough research of the files you most often use follows. On the basis of that research, the virus creates a list with all such files and then it locks them up with a very sophisticated encryption key that is nearly impossible to crack. Surely the infection with Turmeet.org that may disturb your online experience a little now seems more pleasant.
However, why do developers produce software like Turmeet.org?
As we have mentioned in the paragraphs above, such programs could only have promoting functions. Logically, programmers work hand in hand with other developers, products manufacturers and service providers with the purpose of ensuring an efficient way of advertising all such products. As a result, all the redirecting, homepage altering and ad-generating processes follow. As far as we know, the more redirects Turmeet.org causes and the more ads it broadcasts, the better the advertising is considered to be and the more money this program’s creators receive.
Where could we come across the annoying hijackers?
You may find browser hijackers practically everywhere on the Internet – as a part of spam letters; torrents; sharing web pages; other contagious websites and videos. However, the most common sources of ad-generating software still are the so called program bundles. In fact, a bundle is any free mix of software that you can download from the web and later use without paying anything. That’s why they are so widely spread – because they cost nothing. Usually developers include really fascinating apps and games inside them to make them more tempting. That is how you may catch a hijacker – in case you download and install a bundle improperly. The improper installation method comprises using all the steps that provide a quick and completely automatic installation process. For instance, such is the Default wizard option. That is why you should only use the Advanced option (sometimes named Custom) to ensure that the installation process will be performed according to your needs and desire.
What about removing the hijacker?
Turmeet.org could be easily removed if you perform all the steps below – inside our Guide, with extreme caution and attention to detail. This will save you from this disturbing program.
I – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
- If you are unable to spot Turmeet.org, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
II – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Turmeet.org on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Turmeet.org might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Turmeet.org, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.