In this article we are going to try and help you remove Yeabd66.cc “Virus”. Our instructions cover all Windows versions as well as most browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
If you are reading this, it is very likely that you have become personally acquainted with a program that may have been annoying you with the way it normally affects your browser. Its name is Yeabd66.cc “Virus” and it has been classified as a browser hijacker. Maybe it has become the reason for the current changes going on with all of your browsers – Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Explorer. Your default search engine and homepage could be replaced by different ones, your entire browsing experience could be compromised by a great number of generated pop-up, banner and pop-under ads and you might be experiencing redirections to various online locations whenever you try to use your browser.
Why does Yeabd66.cc do all of this to your PC?
All browser hijackers are specialized in causing changes in your browser’s behavior in terms of newly-set homepage, unusual redirections and plenty of displayed irritating ads. That’s what these programs normally do and all of that is completely legal. Certain developers get paid a lot of money by particular interested vendors to promote their software, services or other products and that’s why these developers have found a way to spread browser hijackers around. Normally this happens through software bundling – a practice of mixing various software and spreading it together. Yeabd66.cc could also be distributed via video-streaming pages, shareware websites, spam emails and their attachments, torrents and contaminated web pages. However, it is most likely that you have caught it from a program bundle. Such mixtures of software usually cost nothing and contain different types of ad-generating software and other sometimes interesting products that programmers have created.
Can Yeabd66.cc be classified as a virus?
As Yeabd66.cc possesses none of the typical features of the existing viruses like software encrypting, extortion for money, system crashing, ability to steal credentials, etc., we can claim that it is NOT a type of malware. Certainly, some of its characteristics might drive the affected users crazy, for instance, its ability to produce a lot of ads that may compromise your browsing, when all your browser windows are covered with them. Also, the capability of Yeabd66.cc to follow your search requests and base the produced ads on this research could also appear a little too intrusive, but it’s not dangerous. However, browser hijackers are still classified as potentially unwanted software due to their rather negative image resulting from the annoyance they may cause. Another important point here is that Yeabd66.cc as a browser hijacker is NOT able to self-integrate into your system. You have to allow it to get installed, as any other program. It doesn’t sneak inside it like Ransomware and Trojans do, and normally your PC might end up contaminated if you choose the wrong installation method. All installer features that provide quick or automatic installation are highly undesirable, as in this way you skip having to choose what exactly you want from a particular bundle and what you would rather leave aside. The best installation choice is to perform the installing in a manual way following the advanced or the custom instructions of a given wizard. Learning to master that installation skill will save your system from online dangers far more serious than browser hijackers and Adware.
How to remove the program?
It is possible to do that on your own, but you still have to be very careful and thorough. Follow the instructions we have given you below in the attached Removal Guide and you should carry out a successful uninstallation process.
How to avoid browser hijackers from now on?
In general, you can learn how to avoid Yeabd66.cc and its family members, but the prevention process is an ongoing one and require you to be consistent:
- The better the anti-malware tool, the safer the system. Invest in a top-notch anti-virus program and learn to allow its daily updates. In this way its data base will always contain the newest online threats and you will be relatively safe.
- The less you download from suspicious websites, the better – sometimes free bundles could be really tempting, but you can never be sure what they really contain. If they contain malware, you could be facing system crashes, destruction of files or even physical abuse and identity theft, so don’t take your cyber security lightly.
- The fewer video-streaming websites, suspicious emails and shareware and torrent pages you use or open on a daily basis, the better your chances of staying away from ad-producing software and malware.
How to Remove Yeabd66.cc “Virus”
Many types of malware will restrict your access to their core files. It is highly recommended that you reboot your PC in safe mode before attempting to use this guide.
- To enable Safe Mode reboot you PC, then hit F8 repeatedly. When the corresponding menu opens please select Safe Mode with Networking.
WARNING! If you are using Windows 8,0 or later and/or your operating system is installed on a fast SSD drive this may fail to work. In this case click here to see how to start your PC in Safe Mode.
#1: Uninstall the malicious program from your control panel
Enter control panel to look for any suspicious programs, which may have installed on your PC. To do that:
- Navigate to your Desktop
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type appwiz.cpl
- Go through the list of programs and find Yeabd66.cc or anything else that may seem suspicious. Right-click on it and choose the uninstallation option
WARNING! Carefully read any confirmation messages that may be created in the process. Sometimes you may get offers to download more Adware applications and this can be linked to either the Yes or the No answer depending on the wording!
Go through the list of programs again and check online for any potentially unwanted programs. We have an article that covers this awesome free software that makes sure that your computer is free from bloatware and programs that you don’t need.
#2: Remove Yeabd66.cc From Chrome
Now we’ll remove the extensions that the malware has attached to your browser.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on “Developer Mode” on the top right and look for the extension installed by Yeabd66.cc and anything that might be related to it. Copy their IDs (the string of letters), then remove them by clicking on the trash bin icon.
- Type Regedit in the Windows Start Menu and press Enter. Go in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions and delete the entries corresponding to the suspicious IDs you recorded.
#3: Remove Yeabd66.cc From Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:support” in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button on the right and confirm.
#4 Remove Yeabd66.cc From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer internet browser.
- Click on the Gear icon on the up right, then on manage add-ons.
- Go through the list disable any suspicious extensions.
#5 Remove any leftover parasitic processes
From the task manager:
- Use Ctrl + Shift + Esc and open the Task manager, then click on the Processes
- Go through the list of processes and look for unknown or otherwise suspicious entries.
- If you see anything suspicious right click on the process and shoes Open File Location, then terminate the process and delete any files you find in the directory.
WARNING! If the directory you open from this menu has no files inside of it it’s probably because the malware has hidden them. You need to reveal hidden files and folders in order to be able to see them. Click here if you don’t know how to do that.
From the start menu:
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type msconfig
- Click on the Startup tab.
This menu controls which programs are loaded when windows starts after a reboot. Disable anything that seems suspicious. Optionally you can also disable any program that you don’t need and also has a high impact on your startup time.
Feel free to write to us in the comment section with any questions that you may have. Also if we have been helpful to you please share this article to help us reach more people like you.