In this article we are going to try and help you remove .HakunaMatata File Virus. Our instructions cover all Windows versions.
Generally, the most widely spread malware infections are caused by Trojan viruses. However, the most dangerous ones are the results of the activities of a Ransomware virus on your PC. What the most typical kind of Ransomware does is it encrypts your files. More precisely, the files that you use the most become victims of such a virus. Today we are going to describe .HakunaMatata – a very common version of Ransomware. More details are available below.
Essential details about Ransomware
Indeed, there is nothing more malicious than Ransomware in the cyber world. These viruses are known to invade your system by themselves, without requesting your known or unknown permission. Ultimately, the infection could occur automatically once you come across a potential source of this malware. You can see a list with all the common Ransomware sources below. Another general aspect of all Ransomware types, no matter which category exactly a given virus belongs to, is that they tend to lock up something important on your PC, and then demand ransom for unlocking it. Also, almost all such viruses are extremely hard to remove and can cause much of a headache if you try to do so. Ransomware comprises several virus categories. They are the following:
- The horrible file-blocking type. These versions of Ransomware are used for the encryption of files. They infect your computer on their own, then access your hard drives, look for the data that is used the most, and encode that data with a sophisticated key, which is very difficult to crack. Honestly, this is the most awful type of Ransomware, as your files are really in danger and sometimes you can do nothing about that. Everything is very uncertain, as even paying the ransom, which you are notified about in a very scary message, may not help you retrieve your encrypted files.
- Screen-locking Ransomware. This group itself is divided into two subcategories:
– Ransomware that locks the screens of mobile devices (such as phones and tablets) and makes it totally inaccessible to the victim user. This malware subtype doesn’t affect any files, still you will not be able to access them because your device screen will be covered with a huge notification, informing you that the hackers demand a ransom from you in order to unlock it.
– Ransomware that blocks the desktop of your desktop computers and laptops. In general, it works in the same way as the mobile device locking viruses, it just makes the desktop of your computers inaccessible by again placing a large ransom notification on it. Though, these versions of Ransomware are not that terrible, they are still hard to deal with.
- Government-exploited Ransomware. Some institutions may use Ransomware-based programs in order to punish cyber criminals and make them pay for their crimes. Such usage is quite rare and rather unusual, though.
.HakunaMatata belongs to the Ransomware family that is responsible for the encryption of data. Unfortunately, as we have mentioned before, this category is definitely the worst and most bothering one. All that means that your files will be locked up, and then the hackers will harass you further by trying to make you pay the ransom.
How to deal with such an infection in general?
Sadly, there is no real solution against Ransomware once the infection has already occurred. Before that, the most effective piece of advice we can give you is to just back up all of the data of any importance to you. Still, once your computer has caught .HakunaMatata, there is very little that you can do. Nothing and no one can promise you the successful removal of the virus and an effective decryption process of your files. All you will be able to do is improvise and try all possible means of getting rid of this virus, which include:
- Employing the help of a decryptor too. We have a list of those, which we regularly update, as new ones are constantly being developed to help fight the ever evolving Ransomware threats.
- Trying to remove the virus with the help of an expert. This may be quite expensive; however, it is still better than mindlessly sending your money to some hackers.
- Looking for and finding a successful know-how, possibly shared in blogs and forums.
- What’s more, you can personally try our Removal Guide below. Who knows, it may work in your case in a perfect way. You lose nothing by trying. Just do not pay the ransom immediately.
.HakunaMatata File Virus Removal
Enter Windows Safe mode.
- Win 7 Users: Restart your PC –> keep on clicking F8 –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Win 8 Users: Start Button –> Control Panel –> System and Security –> Administrative Tools –> System Configuration –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Boot –>
- Win 10 users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> Startup Settings –> Restart –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
Open Task Manager and locate any processes associated with .HakunaMatata.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously –> Processes Tab –> Select a suspicious process (use Google or ask us in the comments if you are not sure about a process) –> Right Click and Open File Location –> End the suspicious process in Task Manager –> Delete the Folders containing the suspicious files.
Open the Registry Editor and search for .HakunaMatata.
- Win 7 Users: Click Start and type regedit –> Enter –> Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Cryp1 Virus in the search field.
- Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Enter Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type .HakunaMatata in the search field.
Try to recover your files. First you will need System Restore.
- Win 7 Users: Start button –> Type Windows System Restore –> Enter –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and revert to it.
- Win 8 Users: Hold down the Windows key + Q –> Type Recovery –> Settings –> Choose the Recovery icon –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point.
- Win 10 Users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and apply it.
Secondly use program that can access your Shadow Copies.
- Use Google to find the official website of such a program and download it.
- Use the program to select the file types and the hard drive locations you want the program to scan for.
- Start the scan and keep in mind that it might take a while.
- Once the scan has been completed just select the files you want to be recovered.
If you have questions or suggestions feel free to use our comments section!