In this article we are going to try and help you remove Zepto File Virus. Our instructions cover all Windows versions.
We feel both happy and sympathetic that you are reading our article. Most probably some of your current searches have shown you our page. However, the reason behind your current browsing requests is more than disturbing – Zepto File Virus has contaminated your system. In the paragraphs below we will try to make the behavior and origin of the threat you are now facing clearer to you. Hopefully, the information we have presented and the specially prepared removal guide will assist you in removing this virus safely and effortlessly.
A nightmare has come true – Zepto File Virus
If we are to define any existing software as the most malicious ever created, the winner will definitely be Ransomware.
The virus that has infected your PC is determined as a type of Ransomware as well and this leads to no good. We are now going to thoroughly discuss its characteristics and the possible danger it can cause.
Zepto File Virus, as a Ransomware-type program, has come to your machine with the help of a Trojan. Those two viruses are usually distributed in a pair – as if they are not dangerous enough by themselves. The way Zepto File Virus typically functions fully matches the characteristics of Ransomware as a whole – this program becomes a part of your PC and then proceeds with its extremely disturbing habitual activities. Firstly, it completes a scanning of your hard and flash drives and defines your favorite (most often used) data. Secondly, it undertakes an encryption process which consumes a great amount of system resources and may slow your system down even before the contamination is completed. To top it all off, after Zepto File Virus has blocked your most used Files with a two-component encryption key, it generates a message that can be really scary.
Spreading Ransomware – what and where?
Sadly, Ransomware can be caught practically anywhere – while you are surfing contaminated websites; when you are reading your emails, from an infected letter or an attachment (documents, exe. Files), while you are downloading a movie or shareware from a torrent.
Does paying the needed ransom mean restoring the blocked data?
Both completing the payment and avoiding it represent risks. Either way, no one is able to fully guarantee the recovery of your encoded data. The only reasonable piece of advice that is always true is to never give any money to such dishonest people as the ones harassing you no matter what. Paying them can only inspire them to blackmail other innocent users. If you do pay, you might help the hackers more than you will actually help yourself. Don’t fall into that trap and first consult someone who is an expert on Ransomware-based viruses. However, it may even be difficult for a specialist to help you deal with Zepto File Virus. Despite that, it doesn’t hurt to try, take your time and make the best possible decision.
Only prevention can save you
The only thing that can guarantee you success with Zepto File Virus and Ransomware in general is learning how to prioritize prevention. In this particular case prevention means to:
– Never open any particularly strange emails from unfamiliar senders as Zepto Virus travels mainly in this way;
– Try to choose carefully the websites that provide shareware and torrents to you, as some of them might be contaminated;
– Make an effort to always install new programs using the Advanced feature of the wizard to avoid carelessly incorporating any malware into your PC.;
– Remember to get rid of the Trojan once you have dealt with the Ransomware virus. It can also cause a lot of damage;
– Make good investments – we mean a paid and fully functional anti-malware program that is capable of perceiving all kinds of nasty cyber threats;
– Having a Firewall is also helpful – sometimes it may notice something wrong and stop you from getting an infection.
In case you still haven’t gotten rid of Zepto File Virus, our removal guide is here to help you manage this difficult task. We cannot promise you that the encrypted data will be freed; however, we have done our best to assemble a guide that helps at least with removing the virus itself.
Zepto File Virus Ransomware Removal
Enter Windows Safe mode.
- Win 7 Users: Restart your PC –> keep on clicking F8 –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Win 8 Users: Start Button –> Control Panel –> System and Security –> Administrative Tools –> System Configuration –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Boot –>
- Win 10 users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> Startup Settings –> Restart –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
Open Task Manager and locate any processes associated with Zepto File Virus.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously –> Processes Tab –> Select a suspicious process (use Google or ask us in the comments if you are not sure about a process) –> Right Click and Open File Location –> End the suspicious process in Task Manager –> Delete the Folders containing the suspicious Files.
Open the Registry Editor and search for Zepto File Virus.
- Win 7 Users: Click Start and type regedit –> Enter –> Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Cryp1 Virus in the search field.
- Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Enter Press CTRL + F buttons Type Zepto File Virus in the search field.
Try to recover your Files. First you will need System Restore.
- Win 7 Users: Start button –> Type Windows System Restore –> Enter –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and revert to it.
- Win 8 Users: Hold down the Windows key + Q –> Type Recovery –> Settings –> Choose the Recovery icon –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point.
- Win 10 Users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and apply it.
Secondly use program that can access your Shadow Copies.
- Use Google to find the official website of such a program and download it.
- Use the program to select the File types and the hard drive locations you want the program to scan for.
- Start the scan and keep in mind that it might take a while.
- Once the scan has been completed just select the Files you want to be recovered.
If you have questions or suggestions feel free to use our comments section!