In this article we are going to try and help you remove Inform-world.ru. Our instructions cover all Windows versions as well as most browsers – Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
Welcome to our article about a Browser Hijacker program known as Inform-world.ru. Many of you might have ended up here because you want to have this unwanted piece of software removed from your PC. We will help you do that as well as provide you with all the necessary information concerning Browser Hijackers, so that no more such programs get installed on your computer.
What is a Browser Hijacker?
Browser Hijackers are a type of programs that once installed in your system invade your Chrome, Firefox or IE browser and add to it some sketchy new search engine and toolbars, as well as change its homepage and in some cases display intrusive pop-ups and banners. This mostly applies to Inform-world.ru as well, which is the reason we’ve decided to write this article, acquainting our readers with this type of undesirable software.
What are they used for?
Obviously, Browser Hijackers are not really focused on helping you in any way. Some of them might appear to provide you with some actual useful feature but even if they do, it would be just to make the more appealing and reach more users. The truth is that nothing that such a program might offer you will make up for its intrusiveness and tendency to obstruct your online experience and mess with your browser. The actual reason why Hijackers are developed lies within the online marketing industry. You see, programs like Inform-world.ru have the ability to generate profit for their creators through a number of different methods that are related to internet advertising and promoting. This is also the main reason why those Hijackers are so incredibly invasive and nagging. As for you, there’s hardly anything to gain from a Browser Hijacker and that is why we strongly recommend that you remove it from your PC as soon as you finish reading this article. We have prepared a guide on how to remove Inform-world.ru that you can find down below. Just make sure to read all of the remaining paragraphs because the information in them will prove to be very helpful for future.
Is your PC at risk?
An important thing that needs to be said regarding Inform-world.ru and other Browser Hijackers is that they are usually quite harmless as long as you are careful. Many refer to these programs as malware or viruses, but even though Hijackers might be intrusive and unwanted, they are not actual malicious software, unlike real viruses such as Trojans or Ransomware. In most cases a typical Hijacker would not attempt (or be able) to damage anything on your PC and all negative effects that it might have on your system would be temporary. As long as the annoying program is uninstalled and everything that it might have left behind is removed, everything should be back to normal.
Why it’s important to get rid of Inform-world.ru ASAP
We already established that Browser Hijackers are not some kind of nasty harmful Ransomware or Trojan horse virus. This, however, is not to say that they can be allowed to remain on your PC. There are plenty of reasons why these programs are unwanted and here are several more of them:
- Browser Hijackers are known to frequently employ aggressive advertising methods that include covering your whole browser screen with banners, forcing you to click on it or displaying exaggerated or fake warning messages that tell you to download a certain piece of software in order to resolve the probably non-existent issue.
- Some programs of that kind are capable of looking through your browser searches in order to determine your personal interests. Later that data can be used to modify the ads you see online so that they look more attractive to you.
- If a Hijacker is active on your PC, its processes can cause a significant slow-down especially if your machine is not very powerful. This is because the unwanted program might consume significant amounts of memory and CPU time, which would cause your machine to run slower.
Tips for preventing future Inform-world.ru installations
After you successfully remove the nagging program, you will need to ensure the safety and security of your PC, so that no more similar software gets in your machine’s system. To help you do that, we have prepared a short list of some very important and helpful tips that you need to adhere to from now on.
- If a site looks sketchy and suspicious, you’d better avoid it, as well as abstain from downloading from it. Many less reputable websites are known to distribute unwanted software and if you want to avoid Browser Hijackers in future, you should definitely not visit those.
- Spam is yet another very common technique for spreading PUP’s (potentially unwanted programs. Therefore, always pay close attention to the details of new emails and do not open them if they seem shady. Also, do not click on any links that look like spam.
- The final Browser Hijacker distribution method we are going to talk about is the so called software-bundling. This is when the Hijacker is bundled with some other program that the user might install on their PC. To avoid landing unwanted software through such bundles, always double-check the installers of programs you are about to install for any added applications. In many cases you will have to opt for the Advanced installation option in order to see if and what has been added. Once you find the list of added content, leave out anything you think might turn out to be a Hijacker or some other form of PUP by unchecking it before you continue with the installation.
Many types of malware will restrict your access to their core files. It is highly recommended that you reboot your PC in safe mode before attempting to use this guide.
- To enable Safe Mode reboot you PC, then hit F8 repeatedly. When the corresponding menu opens please select Safe Mode with Networking.
WARNING! If you are using Windows 8,0 or later and/or your operating system is installed on a fast SSD drive this may fail to work. In this case click here to see how to start your PC in Safe Mode.
#1: Uninstall the malicious program from your control panel
Enter control panel to look for any suspicious programs, which may have installed on your PC. To do that:
- Navigate to your Desktop
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type appwiz.cpl
- Go through the list of programs and find Inform-world.ru or anything else that may seem suspicious. Right-click on it and choose the uninstallation option
WARNING! Carefully read any confirmation messages that may be created in the process. Sometimes you may get offers to download more Adware applications and this can be linked to either the Yes or the No answer depending on the wording!
Go through the list of programs again and check online for any potentially unwanted programs. We have an article that covers this awesome free software that makes sure that your computer is free from bloatware and programs that you don’t need.
#2: Remove Inform-world.ru From Chrome
Now we’ll remove the extensions that the malware has attached to your browser.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on “Developer Mode” on the top right and look for the extension installed by Inform-world.ru and anything that might be related to it. Copy their IDs (the string of letters), then remove them by clicking on the trash bin icon.
- Type Regedit in the Windows Start Menu and press Enter. Go in : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions and delete the entries corresponding to the suspicious IDs you recorded.
#3: Remove Inform-world.ru From Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type “about:support” in the URL address bar and press Enter.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button on the right and confirm.
#4 Remove Inform-world.ru From Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer internet browser.
- Click on the Gear icon on the up right, then on manage add-ons.
- Go through the list disable any suspicious extensions.
#5 Remove any leftover parasitic processes
From the task manager:
- Use Ctrl + Shift + Esc and open the Task manager, then click on the Processes
- Go through the list of processes and look for unknown or otherwise suspicious entries.
- If you see anything suspicious right click on the process and shoes Open File Location, then terminate the process and delete any files you find in the directory.
WARNING! If the directory you open from this menu has no files inside of it it’s probably because the malware has hidden them. You need to reveal hidden files and folders in order to be able to see them. Click here if you don’t know how to do that.
From the start menu:
- Press simultaneously the Win button together with the R button (Win+R)
- In the Run window that just opened type msconfig
- Click on the Startup tab.
This menu controls which programs are loaded when windows starts after a reboot. Disable anything that seems suspicious. Optionally you can also disable any program that you don’t need and also has a high impact on your startup time.
Feel free to write to us in the comment section with any questions that you may have. Also if we have been helpful to you please share this article to help us reach more people like you.