Welcome to our Cwasre Virus removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
Pieces of software like Cwasre Virus are usually regarded as unwanted, as they often tend to mess with the users’ browser and modify their homepage or search engine and initiate some strange page redirects, ads, pop-ups, and banners generation. The browsers that can get affected by such programs, are usually the most popular ones – Chrome, Firefox or Explorer, but practically any browsing software can be hijacked. How can one remove the annoying browser hijacker from their system and how to make the intrusive changes and ads disappear is what we are going to discuss on this page. So if you stay with us, and especially if you are looking for a way to uninstall Cwasre Virus, in the next lines you will come to know more about this type of software and the effective methods to eliminate it. At the end of this article you are going to find a detailed removal guide with all the needed instructions, but let us first tell you how dangerous Cwasre Virus can be and how it may affect your system if you don’t remove it.
Cwasre Virus – potentially unwanted software with some intrusive characteristics.
Cwasre Virus is a newly released program, which, judging by its behavioral traits, may fall into the category of browser hijackers. Many people, who have had the chance to have this piece of software on their machine, have complained about its ability to aggressively take over their default browser and impose certain changes to its homepage or search engine settings, this way causing some unpleasant page redirects and intrusive ad generation. Such programs may also have some potentially negative effects on your system, which may give you a strong reason to think of uninstalling them from your PC.
Oftentimes, the users’ normal browsing may get interrupted by a flow of nagging ads, pop-ups, banners and different promotional messages, which aggressively prompt them to click on certain links or pages or directly redirect them to some sponsored sites. Apart from that, once the browser hijacker integrates with the user’s browser, it may start collecting traffic data from the user’s online activity and track their browsing history and recent searches. This practice may be regarded as a bit invasive and some users may not feel OK with the idea of having their web searches tracked for marketing purposes, that’s why they may prefer to save themselves from that by uninstalling the hijacker.
Is Cwasre Virus a threat to your PC?
The above-described activities can surely be quite obstructive and may easily be mistaken for a virus or malware infection. But is Cwasre Virus really a virus and does it have something in common with malicious threats like Ransomware, Trojans or Spyware? Well, if we have to be honest, many people do get confused and wrongly refer to this type of software as a virus, but this is a false assumption. According to the security experts, the browser hijackers do not have the same malicious traits as computer viruses and definitely cannot be as dangerous as a Ransomware or Trojan infection. In fact, programs like Cwasre Virus are legally developed. Their main activity is only specialized in the aggressive generation of ads and sponsored promotions, which can benefit their creators. The people, who stand behind such software, are usually marketers, different business owners and software developers. In contrast to that, the malicious threats are never legal, and the people, who stand behind them, are mostly criminals, who create such malware for different online fraud, destruction, theft and malfunction.
How to effectively protect your system from browser hijackers?
We always believe that protection and prevention are the keys to a safer and healthier system. That’s why we will end this article with a few useful tips that you should try to remember and employ if you want to keep programs like Cwasre Virus away from your PC. Browser hijackers of this type are usually spread widely on the web, that’s why even if you remove Cwasre Virus now, there is no guarantee you won’t catch another similar program soon. To prevent that, we would advise you to restrict yourself from visiting sketchy websites with a lot of spam, popping ads, banners, and links that keep prompting you to click on them or redirect you to some other web locations. This type of content usually contains some offers of programs that are available for free, which initially may be appealing, but at the end, they may come in a bundle with some ad-generating software. If you happen to download and install such a setup on your PC, especially if it comes from a sketchy site or is available for free download, don’t skip the “Advanced/Custom” option during the installation. Make sure you customize the setup properly by disabling anything that seems suspicious or potentially unwanted. By doing this, you can effectively prevent some nagging piece of software like Cwasre Virus from getting installed without your consent.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Aggressive generation of ads and sponsored promotions in your browser.|
|Distribution Method||Spam, sketchy websites, free downloads, automatic installers, software bundles, torrents and ads.|
Cwasre Virus Removal
I – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
II – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
If you are unable to spot Cwasre Virus, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Cwasre Virus on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Cwasre Virus might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Cwasre Virus, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.