Welcome to our Inform-world.ru removal guide. The following instructions will aid you in removing the unwanted software from your PC.
Have you ever seen your browser redirect you to a page you haven’t intended to load? Or from time to time there appear many annoying pop-up ads? Or maybe the homepage/ search engine you prefer to use has been substituted with a new one? This is exactly what some pieces of software could do to all your browsers – Firefox, Chrome, and/or Opera. They are called browser hijackers and below you will be able to read some valuable information about them as a whole, and about one specific hijacker – Inform-world.ru, in particular. Hopefully, this article will help you understand the nature of these sometimes irritating programs and then – remove them safely and easily from your PC.
Basic characteristic features of all hijackers
We have already briefly explained how such a program may affect your PC. The targets of these programs are your browsers and none of them is really safe. Inform-world.ru and its siblings tend to change the way your Firefox, Chrome or Explorer browser functions and how it looks. Maybe you do not know that the redirecting and the ad-generating campaigns you might experience are actually based on your search preferences. When a hijacker gets access to your browsers, it could also research their history records and base the entire advertising campaign on the results of such a review. Consequently, you could only experience pop-ups and redirecting to certain websites that the developers of the hijackers expect you may like.
However, isn’t such research illegal?
Indeed, it may sound a little too intrusive to some users, but these programs do NOT have access to account credentials and, as a result, they cannot do anything illegal. They are described as potentially unwanted because of this feature and the tricks they may use to get distributed. However, nothing harmful could come out of that and their activities are all just marketing-oriented. Browser hijackers are products of the mutual efforts of programmers and goods producers and service providers to spread the word about their services and products. As a result, producers and providers encourage programmers to create programs that will promote their goods really intensively. For instance, the programmers could get paid based on the number of the produced and clicked-on pop-ups that Inform-world.ru generates.
Is there anything malicious about Inform-world.ru?
Fortunately, no matter how questionable hijackers could be, they have never possessed any malicious features. For example, if your computer has caught a Ransomware-based virus, you are likely to be harassed in many ways. First of all, the virus will not need any knowing or unknowing permission from you to reach your PC and get installed on it. Secondly, it will review all your files and will choose the most used ones in order to encrypt them later. After that you may never notice the ongoing encoding process, you will just be notified about it when it has been completed with a scary message on your screen. If that happens, fighting the contamination can become extremely hard, close to impossible. You will be asked to pay the hackers in order to encourage them to decrypt your files. However, even paying will not guarantee you anything. You already know that a hijacker like Inform-world.ru could never be this dangerous.
What if you don’t remember giving your permission for the installation of any hijacker?
It is probably the case because generally, these programs could trick you into unknowingly installing them. First of all, we have to mention the major source of browser hijackers: the popular program bundles. These combos of various apps, games and programs are usually free and you can download them from the Internet. Usually they could contain very tempting apps and you may want to try them so much that you may completely ignore the proper installation process. Please remember that any program or software bundle should be carefully incorporated into your PC so that you will not become a victim of sudden changes, annoying ads or malicious effects after that. The only proper way of installing anything is to perform the process manually by customizing as many aspects of the installation as possible. The features that could provide such a thorough process are called ADVANCED and CUSTOM. All other features tend to implement a quick or automatic installation, without letting you choose the exact programs or components of the programs that you need. In that case, the entire content of a bundle may end up on your PC, along with the hijackers or the Adware inside it.
For a safe and efficient removal process of Inform-world.ru, we recommend that you go with the steps in the guide below.
|Danger Level||Medium (nowhere near threats like Ransomware, but still a security risk)|
|Symptoms||Your browsers could be changed – new homepages and search engines, some redirections, many appearing ads.|
|Distribution Method||Most probably Inform-world.ru has come to you via a software bundle. Web pages, torrents and spam are other popular sources.|
I – Uninstallation
- Use the Winkey+R keyboard combination, write Control Panel in the search field and hit enter.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Seek the unwanted software, select it and then click on Uninstall
- If you are unable to spot Inform-world.ru, search for any unrecognized programs that you do not remember installing on your PC – the unwanted software might disguise itself by going under a different name.
II – Safe mode and revealing hidden files
III – Cleaning all your browsers
- Go to your browser’s icon, right-click on it and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and in the Target make sure to delete anything written after “.exe”.
- Now, open your browser and follow the instructions below depending on whether you are using Chrome, Mozilla or IE.
- Chrome users:
- Go to your browser’s main menu located in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down, click on Show Advanced Settings and then select Clear browsing data. Just to be sure, tick everything and clear the data.
- Now, in the left pane, go to Extensions and look through all extensions that are integrated within your browser. If you notice any suspicious add-on, disable it and then remove it.
- Firefox users:
- Similarly to Chrome, go to the main menu and select Add-ons and then Extensions.
- Remove any suspicious browser extensions that you may have even if they do not have the name Inform-world.ru on them.
- IE users:
- Go to Tools and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on all add-on types from the left pane and check if there is anything suspicious in the right panel. In case you find anything shade, make sure to remove it.
IV – Removing Shady processes
- Go to your start menu, type Task Manager in the search field and from the results open View running processes with Task Manager.
- Thoroughly look through all processes. The name Inform-world.ru might not be there, but if you notice any shady looking process that consumes high amounts of memory it might be ran by the unwanted program.
- If you spot the process ran by Inform-world.ru, right-click on it, open its file location and delete everything in there. Then go back to the Task Manager and end the process.
V – DNS check
- In the start menu search box write View Network Connections and open the first result.
- Right-click on the network connection you are using and go to Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- If Obtain DNS server addresses automatically is not checked, check it.
- Go to Advanced and select the DNS If there is anything in the DNS server addresses field, remove it and click OK.
- Click OK on the rest of the opened windows.