COMODO Internet Security is a fast growing, constantly improving, freeware product which provides 360° protection.
COMODO’s motto is “Prevention is the key to internet security”, we absolutely agree with this, so we decided to use COMODO Internet Security in our multilayered test.
Making this review we used the latest version of COMODO Internet Security (3.12.111745.560), Database Version: 2470.
Reviewing process had three stages:
1. On Demand scan on 50.000 samples of malware (June,July,August and September)
2. Self Protection test where we used various tools with which we tried to disable COMODO Internet Securityand its services.
3. System Protection test – COMODO Internet Security was tested in Real Time against various most dangerous malware samples (better known as System Killers)
Result of our reviewing process:
1. On Demand scan test – COMODO Internet Security failed to detect 153 samples of malware out of 50.000, scoring a detection rate of 99.69%.
2. Self Protection Test – COMODO Internet Security successfully blocked all 10 attempts to disable it and its services.
3. System Protection Test – COMODO Internet Security successfully detected and blocked all 15 System Killers leaving the system unharmed and fully operational.
COMODO Internet Security offers outstanding level of protection with their default settings, we were impressed with their Defense + and its ability to successfully block all attempts to disable it and harm the system.
This product offers outstanding Proactive Protection, excellent Leak Protection, On Demand scan speed is impressive, program runs very lite and uses very little of system’s resources.
As we are following the development of COMODO Internet Security we are able to see improvements made, we only hope that they will find a way to reduce the amount of popup screens which will make it more user friendly for the lesser experienced users.
Prevention is the key to internet security and COMODO is taking that seriously.
Malware Research Group